Sunday, April 16, 2006

New Format

I have changed things up around here after three people rebuked me for not posting enough :)
I am now going to add random stuff beyond just God sightings. Let me know what you think.

First random thought is about Easter. I want go into detail about how I hate its bunny status, but I will question this holiday's day titles instead. Why is Friday called Good Friday? If I was on a comitte to name that day, I would call it sucky Friday, because Friday sucked, sucked bad. Then instead of calling Sunday Easter, I would call THAT day good, Good Sunday. Because Sunday was when Jesus broke the chains of death, rose again, kept his word, regained life, and completed his mission. Surely his sacrifice that is noted on Friday is the crux of our forgiveness, but without the resurrection, how was his sacrifice any different than anyone else who may have gave his life for his people? To me, Sunday was good, well great, but if either Friday or Sunday had to be called good, I would make resurrection day Good. Probably a not a really important issue, but that has been on my mind. Either way, I really enjoyed celebrating Jesus this year compared to years past, I hope you did too.

DK

No comments: