Tuesday, August 01, 2006

She only smiles when she sleeps

I will hold her, and she will just stare into my eyes, I swear I have never experienced anything like that in my life. It is neat because she looks a lot like me, and the fact that she is MY daughter makes the baby holding a experience much different. Her facial expressions are limited to "I'm really full right now" and "I'm really hungry/upset right now." When she is falling asleep or in REM sleep, she will do these random other facial expressions. This is the only time I ever see her smile. I am really enjoying this infant stage of her life, to hold her and talk to her as she looks at me is so wonderful. But I can't wait until I smile or laugh, and she smiles and laughs back.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I remember it seemed to take FOREVER until Kirsten was able to smile in return with us! But those moments while they're sleeping... gives deeper meaning to the word "precious" doesn't it?!? Keep on enjoying every second!